Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I wrote this post at the time that we were changing the clock, but never got to post it on time. However, I think you can still read it and get to think a little…. Even after the fact…

Now it’s Fall, and it’s ‘fall back’ for the clocks. Spring forward….FALL back..(Ah..ten…TION!). I would always get mixed up, but I now thought of a good way to remember the order- the two F-words do NOT go together- meaning ‘fall’ and ‘forward’. It’s always ‘fall’ and something else that does NOT begin with an ‘F’. Well, that must be ‘back’- so, ‘fall back’ it is. Simple and stupid- but it works!

Don’t worry though, my thoughts on the clock change were not all simple and stupid. Imagine, throughout the year, we have 365 days, 52 weeks, and 12 months (forget about minutes and hours- that’s too much calculation for me) to do good deeds. Good deeds that will add up in the long run. And now… now we’re being given one entire hour- ONE hour to utilize for our own purposes. Whether it will be an extra hour of sleep or an extra hour of staying up late. An extra hour to play video games or an extra hour to say Tehillim. An extra hour to read or an extra hour to do a Chessed. You can rack up the points or remain the same.
Here’s your chance.

Well, now that I’m re-reading it before I’m posting this- I should say, your chance, technically, has passed- but only for that particular hour. There are so many more hours that we can do the same calculations for……….think about it…….

3 comments:

David_on_the_Lake said...

Hmmm I decided to tack on an hour to today...
Not sure where I'm gonna take that hour from ..but...in the meantime..Its 10:02 David Savings Time

workingema said...

hope it was worth the extra time!:)

Anonymous said...

this time calculation gives me a headache:)
It's only an illusional extra hour.
If tomorrow we start to count a new year every 6 months, it will not mean we'll live longer or that we have more time.